Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer and Mugs!

Summer has arrived on the west coast. Susan and I (along with Kelty)  just got back from a lovely week of camping in southeastern British Columbia. The weather was fantastic for the most part, and we were treated to lovely scenery in every direction. 

On the way north, we saw a coffee shack and had to take a mug shot.


Every morning at the lake, we would make a cup of coffee and head down to look at the water and mountains. It soothes the soul to look at nature, doesn't it? Much better than starting the day with the stress of the current news and negativity the machine of media perpetuates.


While in Nelson, I had to get Susan to take a photo of me on Silica Street. I really should set up my studio on Silica Street in Nelson. Such a street name for a potter! (For those of you who don't know, silica is one of the main ingredients in clay and glazes, hence my adoration of this lovely town's street.)


A month before our camping trip we drove down to the Bay Area to see U2 in concert. I hadn't seen the band live before and I was absolutely blown away by the show. 


The band that opened the show, Moonalice, had previously given one of my mugs to Bono. 


I hope you are all having a wonderful summer! 



No comments: