Monday, January 11, 2010

A Happy New Year!

It definitely took some time to get back into the swing of things after the holidays.

It was fantastic to take a couple of weeks off to unwind and enjoy friends and family.

But man, was it tough getting back into the studio at first! Due to some issues beyond my control, I had no choice but to launch my new and wonderful website in October, the start of one of the busiest times of the year for me. (The other busy time is June and July with a lot of special event mugs.) So between order volume increasing and spending a lot of time with the web developer and photographer, days off were non-existent for a long stretch. Hence, when all the orders were done in December, I took a well deserved and very lazy break!

Thought you'd like to see the newest mug in the store - and a new color! For a long time I've wanted to add a red glaze (as have many of my customers over the years) and I am really pleased with the results. If you love copper reds, I'm sure you will be pleased too. Here's a photo to show you what I mean:



I've had lots of great feedback on the red which is very rewarding-a lot of time was spent in testing and experimenting with glazes and firing techniques to get the red looking like this.

As you no doubt noticed in the photo, there is a new Love Mug, just in time for Valentine's Day! It's called the personalized Love Mug, and can be ordered for Valentine's Day or any time really-love is much too big a force in our lives to only be recognized one day a year. More info.

As always, I love hearing from you, whether it is through Mug Revolution's Twitter page, our Facebook Fan Page, or in the comments. Wishing you all a happy, safe, and prosperous New Year!

And thanks everyone for making 2009 the best year in Mug Revolution's history. It would not have been possible without you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color. The heart looks great too!

potatochiplover said...

Cool!